We now have visited a number of cities in Europe and the USA… Barcelona belongs to the class of these few that we may comfortably dwell in! The capital of Catalonia is a colourful people-centered metropolis that wins you over from the primary second.
Massive pedestrian streets, cycle paths, squares, picturesque districts… The distinctive structure and the nice cultural heritage make it one of the essential cities in Spain
– Sagrada Familia . It’s, maybe, probably the most well-known work of Antonio Gaudi. Development started in 1882 and is predicted to be accomplished in 2026, marking the a hundredth anniversary of the well-known architect’s dying.
Colourful stained glass home windows, spectacular columns that check with tree trunks and carved flowers that can go away you speechless.
Make sure that to guide your ticket on-line , so you do not have to attend in limitless queues.
Tip: Together with the ticket (15 euros) guide an audio information (7 euros) that can information you thru the main points of the development and the secrets and techniques of this particular temple.
– Casa Mil à . The Catalans additionally name it La Pedrera, which means the Quarry.
Designed by A. The surreal chimneys, the eccentric look and the seven flooring standing on pillars and arches make the constructing distinctive. The ticket for the inside prices 22 euros.
– Subsequent cease the Museu Maritim de Barcelona (Maritime Museum). A powerful museum within the space of the previous shipyards, with ships and restored dockyards of the thirteenth century.
Crucial exhibit of the museum is the duplicate of the ship “Actual”, a flagship that took half within the naval battle of Nafpaktos in 1571. (ticket 6 euros)
– Final cease the statue of Columbus ( Mirador de Colom ). It’s mentioned that Christopher Columbus landed at that time when he returned from America.
The statue stands on a 60 meter excessive pillar. You possibly can take an elevator as much as its roof and benefit from the lovely view of each town and the port.
2nd day _
– Begin your day early from Parc Güell . After you’ve gotten booked your ticket from the official web site (entrance 7 euros) you’ll get there by bus No. 24 from the Sq. of Catalonia.
It’s a fantastic park, a trademark of Barcelona, designed by A. Gaudi and opened its gates in 1926. In 1984, UNESCO declared it a world heritage web site.
Certainly, each on this park and in his different creations, the well-known architect proves that human creativeness has no limits!
– Take Carrer del Bisbe in the direction of Plaça de Sant Jaume. In entrance of you you will notice a bridge that strongly resembles the Bridge of Sighs in Venice.
3rd day _
– Spend at the moment’s morning on the seashore. Lease a motorbike with the applying I instructed above and begin from the Parc del Fòrum within the course of the port (south).
Barcelona residents from spring to autumn benefit from the seashores within the firm of quite a few vacationers.
Bicycles, skates, canoes, browsing, make up a relaxed and really summery environment. On the Port Olumpic marina , dozens of yachts, crusing boats and water sports activities will make you cease to take a look.
The doorway payment is 20 euros and it’s undoubtedly a particular expertise.
– Spend your afternoon on the hill of Montjuïc . From the Paral-lel metro cease, take the cogwheel to Estacio Parc Montjuïc, from the place the cable automotive will take you straight to the highest.
There’s the citadel on the hill which homes the Navy Museum of town. Within the wider space of Montjuïc, there are a variety of outstanding buildings-museums which if you wish to go to, you’ll have to spend one other day and… sufficient cash for tickets.
Juan Miro Basis, Archaeological Museum, Olympic Video games Museum, Spanish Village, Nationwide Artwork Museum, Caixa Discussion board Cultural Heart, are a few of them.
No matter you do, do not miss the present on the Magic Fountain on the finish of the day !
4th day _
Spend the fourth day in areas exterior town to get a whole concept of the Catalan countryside.
– At a distance of 1 hour is Girona , from which Ryanair flies. It’s a picturesque vacation spot, a metropolis of thriller and the river Oniar provides it small lovely hidden corners.
In the identical course is Figueres , town the place Salvador Dali was born and labored for a number of years.
– From Figueres to Barcelona stretches the well-known Costa Brava coast . This space, though it has been used for tourism because the 50s, nonetheless has secret paradises, resembling Cadaqués and Tamariu, Blanes and many others
Barcelona is a superb metropolis that you’ll really love. It is going to win you over from the primary second and make you assume that in case you had found it earlier, you can simply dwell there.